Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a vacation rental?
You can either make a booking directly on this website by using the "check availability box" to the left. Or you can call our office at 843.781.6006 and a Property Manager will be glad to help you. Business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
What happens after I reserve my vacation rental?
After your prepayment is collected, your vacation dates will be blocked off for you. You will receive an email reminder 10 days before your final payment is due. After the final payment is collected, we will get your “No Hassle Check-In” package ready and either mail or email it to you. The package or email should arrive roughly 14 days before your check-in date.
Is booking online secure?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do you offer Travel Insurance and Damage Insurance?
Yes, both forms of insurance are offered. For more information, please visit the Insurance webpage or call us at 843-781-6006.
Does the vacation rental have a phone and WiFi?
Yes, all of our properties are equipped with free wireless internet service. WiFi passwords will be provided in your Welcome Package and can be found at the property. Phone land lines vary per property. If the property does supply a landline, nationwide long distance is provided. International calls are prohibited on rental property land lines.
Can I bring my pet with me?
We offer several homes, some of which allow pets and some do not. You can either look at our properties online by clicking on the "vacation rentals" tab above and see if the home you are looking at allows pets. Or you can call our office at 843.781.6006 and a Property Manager would love to help find a home that is just right for you and your pet.
What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a small hotel room. Our homes have full kitchens, with some homes having game rooms, spas and BBQ grills. You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.
Does your home include bikes, baby and beach equipment?
Our properties do not include these items but please contact Vacation Comfy Rentals at 800-655-9315. Mention you are renting with Ferg Vacations and you will receive a discount. Check out our Ferg’s Coupon Book for all of our vendor discounts.
What is included in the “No Hassle Check-In” Package?
The package includes applicable car passes, keys/door code and driving directions do you can go directly to your vacation rental. Please do not forget any car passes mailed to you since they need to be displayed for entry into Gated Communities. Also, please do not forget your keys. You will incur appropriate fees if car passes or keys have to be reproduced.
What is included in the Housekeeping Fee?
- Departure Clean - scheduled for all guest rentals
- Bed Linens - 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases
- Bath Towels - 2 body towels, 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths per guest
- Starter Kitchen and Laundry Set - 1 pot holder, 2 dish towels, 1 pack of washer and dishwasher detergent, 1 roll of paper towels, 2 large and 2 small trash bags and 1 mini bottle of dish soap
- Starter Bathroom Sets - 2 rolls of toilet paper and 1 box of tissues per bathroom, 1 mini bottle of shampoo and conditioner per bathroom and 2 bars of soap per bathroom
Are golf and tennis privileges included in my rental?
We offer multiple rentals that include 1 hour of tennis per day. This will be in the notes on that specific property page. Golf privileges are not included in any rental but visit “Ferg’s Coupon Book” for golf discounts.
When is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is no earlier than 4:00 PM on the arrival date and check-out is no later than 10:00 AM on the departure date. Unauthorized early check-ins or late check-outs will be subject to additional fees. Each reservation is limited to the advertised number of Guests. Check-out procedures will be sent to the email on file one day prior to your departure date.
What are the check-out procedures?
- Return all furniture, decorations, books/games, TV remotes, etc... to original locations
- Make sure all kitchen appliances are switched off - i.e. stove top, oven, etc...
- Leave linens on the beds and towels in the bathrooms
- Turn off all ceiling fans and lights
- Remove all items from fridge and freezer - set temperatures back to the default settings if changed during your stay
- Load and start dishwasher
- Take out the trash
- Double check you have not left any personal items belong (we are not responsible for these items)
- Set thermostat to "cool" and 76 degrees in Summer, Spring and Fall months. Set to "heat" and 60 degrees in the Winter
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- If your property has keys, please put them in the top slot of our drop box located just in front of our office. (2 Greenwood Drive, Building B, Hilton Head, SC 29928)
- If your property had a door code, please make sure the door is locked and you are all set to depart
Exterior: (if applicable)
- Return all patio furniture to original locations (including chaise lounges and all tables)
- Ensure gas to BBQ grill is set to OFF position
- Dispose of all cigarette butts, bottle tops and litter from around the property
- Return any bikes belonging to the property to original locations
Do your vacation rentals have washers, dryers and AC?
Yes, all properties have washers, dryers and central air and heating.
Are your vacation rentals non-smoking?
Yes, all properties are non-smoking. If you smoke outside, please clean up afterwards. You will incur appropriate fees if you do not.
Can be bring our boat or trailer with us?
All boats, jet skis, kayaks, trailers, moving trucks, motorcycles or commercial/recreational vehicles are prohibited in all Gated and Forest Beach Communities. Parking is restricted to your designated areas and not allowed on streets.